Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Big news from the MTC

Oi minha familia e amigos!

I can't believe I'm halfway through my MTC stay! Crazy crazy, time sure does fly! Sooo... Yesterday, in the middle of our afternoon block of class, my entire district was called to the travel office. Which could pretty much only mean one thing: visas! That is, my entire district except for Elder Walker and myself. So we ran down and sure enough, Elders Roundy, Nordfelt, Seely, Barker, Bond, Gunnoe, and Johnson received their travel plans. They're going to the Brazil MTC TOMORROW! It's interesting though, Elder Walker and I weren't really disappointed (okay, maybe a teeny tiny bit) but we both feel that we're not done here at the Provo MTC. Whether this has anything to do with our musical number or not, I don't know. But I do know that Heavenly Father has a perfect plan for each and every one of us, and if we were supposed to have our visas along with the rest of our district, we would. So I'm just going to trust that everything will work out the way it should! But for now, looks like I'm in Provo for a little longer enjoying the BYU chocolate milk. :) 

My sweet companions, Sister Bow and Sister Gutke, left yesterday morning for their mission. Mozambique is getting two of the best sisters in the universe! It seems like I need to get good at saying goodbyes or something because seriously everyone is leaving! haha Tudo bem. This just means I get to become friends with more lovely sisters. My newest companions (I've been put in a trio) are Sister Anaya (she's my actual companion), Sister Mills, and Sister Smith. They all arrived the week after me, so hopefully I won't have to change companions again! They're going to Portugal, and I love them a lot. It's such a blessing to be able to make so many friends! :)

In other news, it looks like my district sickness (everyone's been passing around a cold it seems) finally caught up with me. Nyquil and cough drops and tissues are my new friends. But one thing that Elder Gunnoe (an awesome elder from my district) said that changed my view on being sick was "I'm grateful for my health. It could be a lot worse than a little cold." So I've been giving thanks for "minha saude" (my health) in all of my prayers, and it's definitely made a difference in how I feel. Being grateful sure does make life better!

Update on the musical number: Elder Walker and I had another practice with Sister Nally to fix a few key changes and such in our musical number and she really just loves it. We're going to receive an invitation to perform one of these days, which is SO EXCITING! I think she said next Sunday, but we'll know for sure in a few days. What a great opportunity!!! It's been such a fun project. :)

Muito obrigada for your love and prayers and support!

-Sister Knapp
My district with our teacher


Sisters!!

What is left of my district :)


No comments:

Post a Comment