Pages

Monday, September 28, 2015

Excited for CONFERENCE

Olá!
I am so excited for General Conference this weekend that I think its all I'm going to be able to talk to people about. We get to hear from God's LIVING PROPHET AND APOSTLES on the earth! Woohoo! I hope that you all enjoy all of the wonderful and inspiring words we will hear this weekend!
This week has been an adventure of trying to find new people to teach. We knock on lots of doors, ring lots of doorbells, and even clap a lot. Culture fact: lots of houses (not too many here in Parnaiba, it was more in my past areas) dont have doorbells so instead you clap your hands loudly for the people in the house to know there is someone at the door. Im not sure if I mentioned that in a past email, but its quite an adventure. :) We've been able to teach the message about the Restoration a lot (seriously, A LOT) this past week, which is great because it is unique and life changing and everyone deserves the opportunity to hear it! 
Funny stories of the week: my companion, Sister Reis, is obsessed with animals. She's always meowing at the cats and talking to the dogs and its super funny to watch their reactions :) Havent been chased yet, so thats good. :)
Another funny story: our district leader told me yesterday that they had been trying to find the family we had contacted the other day who lives in their area. They went to the address the lady had given me only to find out that it was wrong. The lady, Jesus (nickname for Maria de Jesus) had said we could stop by and share a message. SO when the Elders knocked on the door and a lady answered, one of the Elders asked "Are you Jesus?" and the poor lady was so confused and it was a hilarious situation. They clarified that they were looking for a Maria de Jesus and even though it wasnt her ("No sorry my name is Camila...") they were able to share a bit about the gospel :) 
Scripture of the week, in honor of General Conference, is the wonderful Doctrine and Covenants 1:38 "What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same."
Have a wonderful week!
Muito amor,
Sister Knapp



No comments:

Post a Comment