Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Tchau Maiobão e olá Parnaiba!

Boa tarde!
This email is a day late due to TRANSFERS! Woohoo! I absolutely love Maiobão (the wind, the bakeries, the wonderful people, the AMAZING WARD etc.) and my companion, Sister Espinola, and I am quite sad to leave. BUT I am super super excited for this next transfer because its an adventure Ive been praying for my whole mission: I get to train again AND open a new area! Ive been assigned to work in Parnaiba, a city in Piauí that is a delta and has pretty beaches and is very windy apparently, training a new sister! In two hours I get to meet her, because all I know right now is that Im going to train, the rest is a suprise! :) And I get to open a new area, along with Sister Robins, who will also be training! IM SO EXCITED! And Parnaiba hasnt had sisters in 6 years (since the Teresina mission was formed). I was talking yesterday to a sister from Parnaiba (a member waiting for her mission call who is going to serve in São Luís as a sister for a transfer) and she was so excited and said that all the members pray to have sisters there again. :D Seriously, I am so excited its kind of ridiculous. More stories to come next week!!
Funny story of the week: this was the week that everyone in Maiobão decided to comment on my appearance. I died my hair a little darker and everyone said that I look much more Brazilian now. And the other day we were waiting for the bus when a woman told me that I had the prettiest nose she had ever seen that (direct quote) "looks like it was made by hand". Cool, thanks :) haha My companion laughed a lot about my "pretty little nose" the rest of the day. 
The spiritual thought of the week is something that President Melo is always reminding us missionaries. Its found in 2 Corinthians 3:3 which reads "Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart." I love this scripture because when we promised to take upon ourselves the name of Christ, we promise to be an example at ALL times and in ALL things and ALL places. We can do this as we beome living epistles of Him who sent us. We can act and speak in ways that those around us will be invited to come unto Christ. And truly, there is no happier way to live! 
Have a wonderful week! Next email will be from Sister Knapp in PARNAIBA! :D
Muito amor,
Sister Knapp


No comments:

Post a Comment