Pages

Monday, July 20, 2015

Tanlines on tanlines

Oi! Bom dia!
This week was great, as usual. I'm just loving life here in Maranhão! (about the subject, my feet are a mess of stripes due to sandal tanlines, I literally have tanlines on tanlines. Exciting :D )
A neat adventure of the week occured on Wednesday, when we had companion exchanges. I was working in Vila Palmeira (near the center of São Luis) with Sister Maria. We had just left a lesson when we passed a woman sitting in the doorway of her house. She called out to us and asked us which church we were from. We told her that we were missionaries from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and she replied "I knew you are women of God because of the way you walk, and you just have a light." She told us a little bit about herself and was super excited when we invited her to go to church on Sunday. She pratically begged us to come back and teach her, and then next day Sister Maria and her companion, SIster Lima da Silva, went and taught her. This lady, Maria (there are lots of Marias here), is amazing! She is super super prepared and is going to be baptized THIS SATURDAY! Woohoo! Miracles are real! :)
Another miracle of the week was in church yesterday, we had tons of less active members! There have been at least 4 that this past month have just shown up at church wanting to come back. I know that miracles are real and that Heavenly Father guides those who are seeking truth!
Now for the music stories of the week: the music lessons are going great! This past week everyone learned how to play a bit of Come Follow Me, understanding the rhythm and notes too, not just playing keys on the piano. Its so so so neat to see the faithful music students learning! :D Also, Sister Nascimento and I went to a worship meeting that a family we are teaching had (the father of the family is a preacher and they have a church in their garage). They kept inviting us to meetings as we invited them to church, so on Saturday we went. They introduced us to the congregation and then asked us to sing a hymn. We werent really prepared, I'm just thankful that I always carry around my pocket hymnbook. We said that we didnt know any of the hymns they sang but we wanted to sing one of our favorites. Sister Nascimento and I sang "I Stand All Amazed" and the Spirit was really strong, one of the preachers even wiped his eyes. I love how powerful music is. 
I'm about out of time, but I wanted to share a quote I found in my studies this week! 
"One of God's greatest gifts to us is the joy of trying again, for no failure ever need be final." - President Thomas S. Monson
I am so grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ, that through Him we may find forgiveness of our sins and strength to bear the burdens we face daily. I know He lives!
Have a wonderful week,
Sister Knapp
Can you see the tan lines?

Atlantic Ocean!

Last P-day some members took them to see the beach!
For rain and sunshine, an umbrella is really useful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment