Pages

Monday, August 3, 2015

Saudades de Natal

Oi a todos!
So this weeks subject is "Missing Christmas" because Sister Nascimento and I have been singing Christmas songs all week (we even sang Angels We Have Heard On High for Joires and she liked it :)). Maybe we are a little crazy, but it makes life more exciting, right?
Now for the important news: transfers are today! I get to stay in Maiobão!!! And I get a new companion: SIster Espinola! haha Moving is going to be fun for her, just from one room to the other :) haha I´m super excited for these next 6 weeks, we also got a new area for sisters in our zone! And the two sisters I trained (Sister Ferragi and Sister Lima da Silva) are going to be trainers! So proud! :) 
This week was marvelous, especially the wedding and baptism of Nathan and Franciane! They're not technically our investigators, but it feels like they are because we are in the same ward and Sister Nascimento and I love them tons too. :) They both bore their testimonies in church yesterday about how wonderful it was to keep the commandments and be members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! 
Another neat story: our recent convert, André, is amazing! I forgot to mention last week that he passed the sacrament! And this week we stopped by his house to teach him and when we asked if he was busy he said "Kinda, I was working on my Duty to God!" (A program for the Young Men) He's great, and the ward loves him. :)
Life here is pretty wonderful, I just can't believe it´s August already. Time is just flying by, and I´m not sure what I´m going to do with myself in April when I dont get to eat rice and beans every day... Well, just enjoy every moment as Sister Knapp while I can, right? :) 
I found a really neat quote yesterday which is now on the cover of my planner for this next transfer. Its from President Boyd K Packer -- "We are not obedient because we are blind, we are obedient because we can see." I absolutely love this quote! Ive been thinking a lot about the commandments and how important it is that we follow what the Lord would have us do. So many people think that rules and the standards we live are restricting and old fashioned and so many more negative things, but truly they are given to keep us safe, to allow us to have liberty! An all knowing, loving, and merciful Heavenly Father gave us commandments to prevent us from straying onto harmful paths. I know that when we follow the teachings of God, through his past and living prophets, we are not folling blindly, but instead we are clearly seeing the path to happiness in this life and in eternity.
I hope you all have a marvelous week! Make someone smile today! :)
Muito amor,
Sister Knapp




No comments:

Post a Comment