Pages

Monday, June 15, 2015

Batismo de Joires!!

Olá!
This week was pretty wonderful! The best part was Saturday evening, when Joires was baptized! Our ward mission leader had filled the font part way that morning but had to go to work, and when we went in the afternoon to finish up the water wasn't working for the font, so Sister Nascimento got to finish up with buckets. It was worth it though, she was so happy to be baptized! My favorite part was that she was baptized by her husband, Carlos, who was baptized a few months ago. It was such a special day! Another investigator, F, told us after the baptism that he really wants to be baptized too. He turns 80 in October and asked us "Will God forgive my sins if I repent and am baptized? Even the sins from the past 79 years of my life?" YES, FRANCISCO! YES YES YES! The Spirit was so strong when we testified that repentance and baptism wash away all our sins through the atoning sacrifice of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
Fun fact: this week at least four people didn't believe that I am American when I told them, they thought I was from São Paulo!! My American accent is going away! Woohoo! :D
Another neat experience: on Friday I got to spend the day with Sister Alcântara (companionship exchanges I think it is in English haha) and our last lesson of the day was with a family they had found a few days ago. We taught about the Restoration of the gospel and the father of the family basically slept through the whole lesson. The mother and son paid attention and accpeted the challenge to pray and ask if the message was true. When we invited them to be baptized the father paid attention for the first time and when we talked about the Book of Mormon he got really angry and started yelling that the book was a lie and he'd never read it and all sorts of stuff. The Spirit was gone as soon as he started yelling, but when I looked him and his wife in the eyes and started bearing my testimony that I knew the Book of Mormon was the word of God, he stopped talking (a miracle) and it was incredible to feel the Holy Ghost testify that what I was saying was true. I know the Book of Mormon is true not because my parents told me, because any pastor or bishop or anyone told me, but because I read and prayed asking God and the Holy Ghost testified to me of the vericity of the Book of Mormon and the Restored Gospel. I know that every single person who puts the promise in Moroni 10:4-5 to the test will receive an answer when they pray in faith, they too can know that God loves His children and that the Church of Jesus Christ is on the earth today, lead by a living prophet.
I hope you all have a marvelous week! 
Muito amor,
Sister Knapp

No comments:

Post a Comment