Pages

Monday, June 8, 2015

Muito amor de Sister Snape

Oi a todos!
So, the latest variations of my name (how much variety can you have in a one syllable last name? Apparantly a lot :) ) are Sister Snaps and Sister Snape. It cracks me up, and every time specific ward member calls me Sister Snape, Sister Alcântara starts singing "Snape, Snape, Severus Snape" from PotterPuppetPalls (a youtube video). I thought it was quite funny :)
Anyway, about the missionary work! This week was wonderful! The ward members in Maiobão are super excited with missionary work and we were able to have the majority of our lessons with members this last week and received a few references!! It is SO MUCH BETTER to work with members, and the investigators have immediate support in church and everything. I love love love this ward! :) This week we had a holiday and the ward had a churrascho (barbaque) and it was great! 
Another neat miracle is that Joires is excited for her baptism this saturday! She threw out all her coffee when she was interviewed for baptism, no minor miracle!! Carlos, her husband who was baptized a few months ago, is going to baptize her and he's super excited. We helped him memorize the baptismal prayer yesterday and it was such a special moment! 
Also, the sisters in our house (Sister Nascimento, Sister Espinola, Sister Alcântara and I) have decided to start Personal Progress (a program for young women in the church) and help the young women in the ward be more excited with it (there are only 2 young women). Its pretty great, I love doing it again but this time in Portuguese! :) 
This past week we had zone conference, and I was able to accompany the musical number. A couple of Elders sang Nearer My God To Thee and it was beautiful! The Spirit was so strong. I love being able to sing hymns (we've been singing a lot lately in our lessons too) and feel my Heavenly Father's love through the beautiful music and words. Even if we're not the greatest singers, we do our best and the Spirit does the rest. :)
Have a wonderful week! 
Muito amor,
Sister Knapp

No comments:

Post a Comment