Pages

Monday, June 29, 2015

Festa junina e despedida do Presidente

Olá!
This week had many events, which was rather exciting! First of all were transfers, Sister Alcântara went to Cidade Jardim (small world. or mission I guess) and now we have Sister Quespaz, who is from Ecuador, so Sister Nascimento is the only Brazilian in a house with Spanish speakers. I have a feeling this will be the transfer of Portuñol... hahaha :)   Portugués + español = portuñol
Also, our dear mission president, Presidente Siedschlag, finished his mission. We had a farewell zone conference with him this week, where basically everyone cried. Especially with the musical number. Elder Walker, Elder Engle, Elder Young and I (the Americans in our zone) did a special number where we combined Presidente and Sister Siedschlag's favorite hymns: "Lord, I Would Follow Thee" and "Each Life That Touches Ours For Good". It turned out pretty well I think for us coming up with the idea and practicing in all of 30 minutes, and everyone cried. I love how the Spirit touches our hearts through hymns.
Another neat adventure of the week was the ward activity: FESTA JUNINA! Its a cultural party where everyone dresses up in Caipira clothes (basically Western outfits Brazilian style, I' m not sure how to explain, Google will do a better job than me :) ) and they danced awesome typical dances and had lovely food. Basically it was my favorite thing ever, and we had tons of visitors and less active members!
To finish up, a thought from my scripture study this week: I'm studying the Book of Mormon, in the middle of Helaman. The prophet, Nephi, is warning the people of their wickedness and how they are neglecting the Lord and turning their hearts to riches and other not great choices. But the part I love is that Nephi is ALWAYS reminding the people to repent. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father has given us the privilege of repenting. I know that no matter what sins we have in our past, we can become clean through repentance and the Atonement of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for my loving Heavenly Father, who gave His only begotten Son so that we can become clean and pure and receive the greatest of all the gifts of God: eternal life! I am so grateful that families can be sealed for all eternity. I love the Gospel!

Have a wonderful week!
Sister Knapp


No comments:

Post a Comment